Wilder Community Parent Participation Preschool is a part of Littleton Public Schools and is housed at Columbine United Church, located next to Wilder Elementary School, in Littleton, Colo. We believe children develop physically and mentally at their own rates, in an environment rich with materials and opportunities for play and exploration.
- Experienced teachers with degrees in child development and early childhood education
- Involved parents
- 2, 3 and 4-day programs
- A balance of child-initiated and teacher-directed activities
- Special programs and field trips throughout the year
- Math, science, music and physical education
- Art and foreign language classes
- A secure, yet fun teaching environment
Want to schedule a tour to learn more? Visitors are always welcome at Wilder Community Preschool. Please contact Julie Peterson at (303) 794-8544.
The preschool is licensed by the State of Colorado and is accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Program to provide early childhood education for children ages 3 years through 5 years old. This accreditation certifies a school conforms to more rigorous standards for education, health and safety. The Association is a division of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the nation's largest organization of early childhood educators. Wilder Preschool is proud to be among the first of Colorado’s nationally accredited early childhood programs.
What is NAEYC Accreditation?
NAEYC developed 10 standards for high-quality childhood education. Programs that meet these standards:
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for children.
- Have teachers who are well-trained.
- Have access to excellent teaching materials.
- Work with a curriculum that is appropriately challenging and developmentally sound.
For more information on the NAEYC and its accreditation, visit its web site.